Monday 7 January 2013

Bone Collector.



I just watched the film Bone Collector and saw the opening, this film opening is very simplistic yet very effect, the main focus is on the sound track and the whole visual part is on this sensory deprivation idea. they have used ( I assume), the strobe effect on Final Cut Pro, to give this jumpy blurry look, then the titles appear in a slow fade,also photos fade in with the blurry strobed part, of bones and "crime scene" which makes you focus on these parts heavily. I really like this idea and may use it, but I feel it only works because of the sound track, so I feel if I do use it I will have to use it wisely.

It also comes up with news paper clippings "Cop convicted of six killings" giving part of the story away at the start of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment