Sunday 24 February 2013

Evaluation; Question 6



6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product? 

    Throughout this project I have learnt different technologies of the process of production. For example I have learnt how to use a Camera, tripod, microphone, Imac and Final cut software.In the beginning I did not know how to use a camera as I have never used a digital camera such as this, as I filmed constantly I finally learnt how to use the camera. It was quite easy when I learnt the functions of the buttons, on the dial there was a white button that was the record and stop recording button. There was a dial on the camera I used it to forward and rewind the tape, and I learnt how to put in/take away the clips. I used a  HD digital camera so my video quality would be  very good. I have learnt how you should set up a camera on a tripod, you must make sure the legs are placed on the floor and clipped down, if you want a tilt, pan and steady camera shot you must move the lever. I used a tripod because it would help me achieve steady camera shots and other camera shots for example panning. I used YouTube so I could easily upload videos onto blogger, I also used blogger for my coursework because it was set my the exam board meaning I can easily upload films and photos showing what I have done.

    I also learnt how important lighting may be within thriller films in order to create atmosphere, all the shots used contain one key light in various different positions in order to create different shadows and low key lighting effect. On many occasions within filming the key light is placed below what is being filmed in order to increase atmosphere and make content look scary.  In addition I learnt the rule of the thirds and how to balance a shot, and this technique was used in all shots during my production.I also used an effect called overlay, where you can layer shots on top of each other , this used quite a lot in thrillers to create movement in a shot which is quite still without it, this is visible in my opening in many places, more prominently in the shot of a sign that reads "notice keep out" I saw this effect used in the opening of seven and really liked it. Below is the shot before and after overlay.





    No comments:

    Post a Comment